Health Tip: Make Your Garage Safer
-- The garage can be a prime spot for falls, accidents and injuries. But the U.S. Home Safety Council suggests how you can create a safer garage:
- Keep the floor and stairs clear of clutter, with good lighting throughout the garage.
- On any shelving, store heavier items closer to the ground.
- Install child-proof safety locks on any working refrigerators or freezers. If they don't work, remove the doors.
- Store any electrical tools or sharp tools out of the reach of children.
- Make sure all stairs have handrails, with bright lighting at the top and bottom.
- Clean up grease and other spills as they occur.
- Make sure the garage door has an auto-reverse feature, and test it to be sure it works properly.
Posted: November 2011