Health Tip: Make Your Doctor's Appointment Successful
-- Preparing for a doctor's appointment doesn't have to be an undue burden.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests how to make the most of your time at the doctor's office:
- Do not lie to your doctor when he or she asks about your diet, exercise plan or alcohol use.
- Come up with a few important questions to ask the doctor.
- Describe any medical issue clearly and succinctly, since the doctor may be on a very tight schedule.
- Share your feelings about the appointment with your doctor. Let him or her know if you feel rushed, worried or uncomfortable
- Accept that your doctor may not be able to answer every question immediately.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- Many married couples or domestic partners share a lot: the same house, bills, pets and maybe children. A new study found they often also share the same...
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- Replacing sugary drinks with diet versions may not be any healthier for the heart, a large, new study suggests. French researchers found that people who...
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- Stuck at home, bored. Fiddling with their phone or playing video games. Munching on snack foods to while away the time. School-age children gaining...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.