Health Tip: Make Small Changes to Cut Calories
-- Making a few small changes to your diet can help you trim the calories, which can add up to real weight loss.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions to shave calories:
- Use small plates and bowls.
- Eat slowly, making meals last at least 20 minutes.
- Always place a serving onto a plate, rather than eating directly from a carton, box or bag.
- Pour drinks, except for water, into a narrow glass.
- Choose water over drinks that contain calories.
Posted: December 2010
Recommended for you