Health Tip: Make Eating a Family Affair
-- It's easier to eat healthy when everybody in the family is practicing the same nutritional habits.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to help the whole family eat healthy:
- Cook meals at home, together as a family.
- Encourage your kids to help you plan snacks and meals.
- Stock up on healthy snacks.
- Make sure your children understand they should only eat when they're hungry, rather than when they're bored or emotional.
- Make sure the whole family eats breakfast.
- Take turns putting down your forks and talking about your day during meals.
Posted: January 2012
Recommended for you