Health Tip: Locking Your Child in a Hot Car
-- As parents become busier and busier, accidentally leaving a child in a hot car isn't out of the question.
To prevent this very avoidable tragedy, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Before you lock up, look in the back seat to make sure there are no children left in the car.
- Don't talk on the phone while driving.
- When your routine changes, be particularly alert.
- Set up a system with your child's care provider to call you if the child is more than 10 minutes late.
- Place a cellphone, bag or wallet in the back seat, which will prompt you to look there before leaving your car.
- If someone else drives your child, confirm that the youngster arrived safely.
Posted: August 2016
Recommended for you