Health Tip: Living With Social Phobia
-- It's common to get a bit anxious before a big event, but someone with social phobia gets extremely nervous about a job interview, reunion or giving a speech.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says possible symptoms of social phobia include:
- Being very afraid of judgment or embarrassment in front of others.
- Feeling that all others are more capable and confident than you are.
- Blushing and sweating when faced with a social situation.
- Feeling nauseous, shaking or trembling before or during a social situation.
- Having a hard time speaking or making eye contact with others.
- Continuing to worry after an event about what people thought.
Posted: March 2017