Health Tip: Get Kids Moving
-- Getting daily exercise is a practice that should begin in childhood, many experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has this advice for encouraging physical activity among kids:
- Meet with your child's pediatrician so he can talk with you and your child about how important physical activity is for everyone's health.
- Promote a sport or other age-appropriate activity that your child likes, or an activity that the family can enjoy together.
- Create a safe place where your child can exercise and play, and offer toys that encourage physical activity.
- Be active yourself by making time for exercise and playing with your child.
- Limit TV and computer time for the entire family.
- Teach your child not to push too hard -- exercise should be fun, not painful.
Posted: July 2011
Recommended for you