Health Tip: Symptoms of Kidney Stones
-- Kidney stones are hard masses that form in the urinary tract, and can cause very painful symptoms if they become stuck and difficult to pass.
Here are common signs of kidney stone formation, courtesy of the University of Maryland Medical Center:
- Persistent pain on one side of the back -- around the waist area -- that may travel to the groin. The pain may subside but return.
- Discomfort that is not alleviated by any change in position.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Bloody urine.
- Frequent sensation of needing to urinate, or pain or burning while urinating.
- Fever and chills, which could signal an infection that needs a doctor's treatment.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2018
Read this next
TUESDAY, Feb. 13, 2018 -- Kidney stones are becoming more common, especially in women, new research has found. Better diagnostic tools could be part of the reason for the steady...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.