Health Tip: Kick Off Exercise With a Support System
-- Ready to start exercising? Be sure to build a network of friends and loved ones to support you when the going gets tough.
The American Council on Exercise advises:
- Talk to your partner, friends and family members and explain your commitment to better health. Ask for encouragement and support.
- Ask someone to be your accountability partner, to help you stay on track. The same person can be a workout buddy, too.
- Find someone from each area of your life (work, home, etc.) who can check in with you regularly and cheer you on.
- Look for a support group.
- Identify potential pitfalls, such as doughnuts at work or a smoking spouse. Decide how you will deal with these challenges.
Posted: October 2016
Recommended for you