Health Tip: Keep Your Kitchen Clean
-- Keeping the kitchen clean can prevent sickness and improve the quality of health for you and your guests, says Wake Forest University. Many foodborne illnesses can be avoided with some extra care.
To help maintain cleanliness, the school suggests:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap after dealing with raw foods.
- Use two or more cutting boards to help prevent cross contamination.
- Clean items used to prepare meat with hot water and soap.
- Never drink out of the carton.
- Do not overload the fridge.
- Reheat food at 165 degrees or higher.
- Defrost frozen foods in the refrigerator or microwave.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2019
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.