Health Tip: Keep Those New Year's Resolutions
-- With the new year often comes a host of resolutions to lead a healthier lifestyle.
But how do you make those resolutions stick? The American Psychological Association suggests:
- Write your pledges down so you can hold yourself accountable.
- Start small and set realistic goals.
- Change behaviors one at a time
- Enlist a friend for support and companionship.
- Ask for support from family and friends.
- Accept that there might be lapses, but focus on long-term goals.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: February 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 2020 -- You might be onto something if you suspect your mental and physical health declined during the COVID-19 lockdown earlier this year. Stay-at-home orders...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- If you're the parent of a teen, you had plenty to deal with before the pandemic began -- dramatic sighs, slamming doors, eye-rolling -- and that was...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- Many aspects of daily living can trigger stress. But for Black women, everyday stressors plus racial discrimination and a specific genetic mutation may...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.