Health Tip: Keep Pool Water Clean
-- Keeping pool water clean protects the health and safety of swimmers by keeping germs and dirt out of the water.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Before you jump in, take a shower with soap and water.
- Skip swimming if you have diarrhea.
- Take a break to use the bathroom every hour.
- Wash hands after using the toilet or changing diapers.
- Check a child's diaper every 30 to 60 minutes. Don't change a dirty diaper near the pool.
Posted: May 2014
Recommended for you