Health Tip: Keep Hair Looking Healthy
-- Hair treatments designed to improve your appearance may actually be damaging your coiffure.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests these healthy hair tips:
- If possible, use color that's no more than three shades different than your natural hair color.
- Always test at-home color before using it on all of your hair, checking for rash or irritation.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to protect your hair from the sun.
- If you perm your hair, always follow the instructions. Set a timer to make sure you wash out the perm solution promptly.
- See a dermatologist if the perm solution causes severe burning or stinging.
Posted: November 2016
Recommended for you