Health Tip: Infant Medication Advice For New Moms
-- A new mom has enough stress on her hands without worrying about giving medication to her newborn.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration suggests:
- Get your doctor's advice before giving medication to your baby.
- Store any medication out of your infant's reach.
- Use a dosage device such as an oral syringe to ensure that baby gets the correct dose.
- If you are nursing and take medication yourself, make sure it is ok to breast-feed.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2017
Read this next
By Michael Merschel American Heart Association News MONDAY, Oct. 26, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Erin Wegener was a tiny baby facing enormous challenges. Born at...
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- Pregnancy can increase the risk of a rare, dangerous heart condition called aortic dissection, researchers report. This is especially true for women...
By Stefani Kopenec American Heart Association News THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Wendy Wees suffered a miscarriage during her first pregnancy with...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.