Health Tip: If Your Older Child Wets the Bed
-- By age 5, most children should be toilet-trained and should be able to stay dry through the night. But some older children may still wet the bed.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers recommendations for parents in this situation:
- Talk to your child's pediatrician about possible medical problems that could be affecting the child.
- Don't scold the child or punish him.
- Tell the child you understand the problem and that it isn't his fault.
- Don't let the child drink anything two hours or later before bedtime.
- Offer a reward for a dry night.
Posted: August 2012
Recommended for you