Health Tip: If You're Always Tired
-- If you're plagued with chronic fatigue syndrome, it may seem natural to want to avoid exercise. But physical activity is a great treatment, experts say.
The American Council on Exercise offers this advice about exercising despite chronic fatigue:
- Talk to your doctor before you start exercising.
- Start gradually, rather than pushing too hard from the get-go.
- Gradually increase the duration and intensity of your exercise. Start out for five minutes at a time, and set a long-term goal of 20 minutes of daily exercise.
- Develop a structured routine that includes cardiovascular, resistance and flexibility exercises.
- If you start to feel sick or too tired, stop and rest.
Posted: January 2013
Recommended for you