Health Tip: Identify Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue
--It is common to feel tired or run down once in a while. But these symptoms of normal exhaustion shouldn't be confused with those of chronic fatigue.
Chronic fatigue is a long-term complex illness that affects about 1 million Americans. People with chronic fatigue may find carrying out even the most simple task impossible.
The womenshealth.gov website identifies these symptoms of chronic fatigue:
- Feeling extremely exhausted for more than 24 hours, especially after exercise.
- Feeling exhausted after sleep, or having trouble sleeping.
- Having difficulty concentrating, or having problems with attention span and memory loss.
- Feeling dizzy or faint when standing up from a seated position.
- Having muscle or joint pain.
- Having headaches of a new type, pattern or strength.
- Having tender lymph nodes in the neck or under the arm.
- Having a constant or frequent sore throat.
Posted: September 2017
Recommended for you