Health Tip: When Hip Pain Signals Bursitis
-- Hip bursitis is a painful condition that occurs when the bursa, a soft sac that cushions the hip joint, becomes inflamed.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says signs of hip bursitis may include:
- Pain that occurs right at the point of the hip.
- Pain that radiates from the hip to the thigh.
- Pain that starts as severe and sharp, and becomes more aching and widespread.
- Pain that gets worse at night or when you lie on the bad hip.
- Pain that gets worse when standing after sitting for a long period.
- Pain that gets worse after prolonged periods of climbing stairs, squatting or walking.
Posted: August 2010
Recommended for you