Health Tip: Help Your Feet Beat Summer's Heat
-- Summer is the time to enjoy sandals or putting your toes in the water. But hot weather can also be a menace to your feet.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to keep your feet healthy during the summer months:
- To reduce the risk of infection, plantar warts and injury, avoid walking barefoot.
- If you visit the beach, pool or locker room, wear flip flops to reduce your risk of foot infection.
- Generously lather your tootsies with sunscreen, making sure to include the ankles.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Stretch your calves, flex your ankles and wiggle your toes to promote circulation to the feet.
Posted: June 2012