Health Tip: Help Your Child with Body Image
-- What you say rubs off on your children, even if you don't think they're listening. So when you're talking about body image, remember that a positive attitude is good for both of you.
The Womenshealth.gov website suggests:
- Don't speak negatively about food, weight, body shape and body size.
- Provide an array of healthy meals and snacks, and let your child make decisions about what to eat.
- Praise your child for values, accomplishments, efforts and talents. Communicate openly and frequently.
- Limit TV time, but watch it together so you can talk about the images you see.
- Get active at your child's school, and support policies that oppose discrimination, teasing and harassment.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2017