Health Tip: Help Protect Your Hands From Eczema
-- Eczema is an itchy skin condition characterized by a scaly red rash. It frequently affects the hands.
The American Academy of Dermatology offers these suggestions to help prevent hand eczema:
- Wear gloves when you use strong chemicals, cleaning products or soaps.
- Avoid washing dishes by hand.
- Wash your hands with a gentle soap and mild warm water.
- Regularly use a cream or ointment suggested by your dermatologist.
- Wear warm gloves in cold weather.
Posted: May 2010
Recommended for you