Health Tip: Help Manage IBS With Diet
-- Irritable bowel syndrome is a collection of symptoms that can be aggravated by the foods you eat and how much you eat.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends these dietary changes to help keep IBS in check:
- Eat at consistent times each day to help regulate bowel function.
- Avoid large, heavy meals in favor of smaller, lighter ones.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in fiber, such as whole grains and produce.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Limit alcohol, caffeine and artificial sweeteners.
- Keep a food diary to help identify problem foods and poor eating habits.
Posted: April 2014
Recommended for you