Health Tip: Help Create a Healthy Community
-- Where you choose to live can affect your health.
Nearby parks and woods can help boost your health, while close highways and thoroughfares can trigger air pollution and road noise that can take your health down a notch.
The U.S. National Institutes of Health suggests how you can help make your neighborhood healthier:
- Create a community garden.
- Host a farmer's market.
- Talk to store owners about offering healthier foods.
- Attend community planning meetings and ask to create parks and trails.
- Plant a tree, or find other ways to make your neighborhood greener.
- Start a walking group with friends, family or neighbors.
- Participate in community activities designed to reduce crime and violence.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2018