Health Tip: Grill a Healthier Meal
-- Summer is grilling season -- time to leave the kitchen and to fire up the barbecue.
For a healthier experience, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Grill meat slowly at a lower temperature, rather than searing over high heat. Charring can trigger formation of cancer-causing compounds.
- Trim away fat before grilling meat.
- Marinate meat for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Good marinades include vinegar, citrus juice, beer, wine or green tea.
- For a healthier meal, grill tomatoes, onions, squash, mushrooms, pineapple, peppers or veggie burgers.
- Throw out any leftover marinade.
- Keep your grill clean.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2017