Health Tip: Going Meatless
-- If you're ready to stop eating meat, it's time to start figuring out your new menu that includes all of the necessary nutrients.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice:
- Take inventory of the favorite meals in your meat-filled diet, and incorporate any veggie favorites into your new rotation.
- Include plenty of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in your new meal plan.
- Add vegetables to your favorite pasta or rice dishes.
- Get ideas from vegetarian cookbooks or from websites that feature vegetarian recipes.
- Watch your waistline. Even vegetarians can eat foods that contain too many fats, sugars and empty calories.
Posted: September 2013