Health Tip: Giving Children Chores
-- Establishing chores for children, even young ones, can teach the importance of being part of a team and helping out. It may also build self-esteem, experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these household chores for children of most any age:
- Helping out with laundry, and putting away their own clothes and toys.
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming or mopping.
- Setting and clearing the table.
- Washing, drying and putting away dishes.
- Feeding, walking and cleaning up after family pets.
- Packing their lunches for school.
- Helping to make dinner.
- Working in the yard, washing the car or helping to clean bathrooms.
Posted: July 2014