Health Tip: Getting Rid of a Mold Problem
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests how to prevent mold and how to get rid of an existing problem:
- Fix plumbing leaks and other water issues as soon as possible. Dry all surfaces completely.
- Scrub mold from hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely.
- Absorbent or porous materials, such as ceiling tiles and carpet, may have to be thrown away if they become moldy.
- Clean up any mold and dry surfaces thoroughly before painting. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.
- If you are unsure about how to clean mold off an item of special value, consult a specialist.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2019
Read this next
MONDAY, Oct. 12, 2020 -- Teens who had asthma and food hypersensitivity when they were younger are at increased risk of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), researchers report. For...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 -- Everyone agrees about the good news -- folks whose asthma is spurred on by allergies don't appear to have an increased risk of life-threatening illness...
TUESDAY, Oct. 6, 2020 -- This Halloween may be especially challenging for parents of children with asthma and allergies, as they also have to guard against COVID-19. "Every year...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.