Health Tip: Fry Your Turkey Safely
-- Fried turkey has become a trendy dish for the holidays.
Here are some safe-preparation suggestions, courtesy of the U.S. National Safety Council:
- Set up the fryer more than 10 feet from the house.
- Keep children away from the fryer.
- Locate a flat area to ensure that the oil is even and steady.
- Use a thawed and bare turkey.
- Use caution when handling the fryer lid. The handle may become very hot and burn you.
- Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2017
Read this next
TUESDAY, Sept. 15, 2020 -- HVAC repairman Brad Sissell shrugged off the acid-yellow air surrounding him and kept working, preparing a gas pipe for a new range going into a Salem,...
SATURDAY, July 18, 2020 -- Grilling. Campfires. Fireworks. All are part of summer's pleasures -- but they also pose burn risks. A new survey of 1,000 U.S. adults found that 53%...
FRIDAY, July 3, 2020 -- West Virginia loosened fireworks sales rules in 2016. And since then, the state has seen a 40% boom in fireworks-related injuries, researchers say. The...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.