Health Tip: Fry Your Turkey Safely
-- Fried turkey has become a trendy dish for the holidays.
Here are some safe-preparation suggestions, courtesy of the U.S. National Safety Council:
- Set up the fryer more than 10 feet from the house.
- Keep children away from the fryer.
- Locate a flat area to ensure that the oil is even and steady.
- Use a thawed and bare turkey.
- Use caution when handling the fryer lid. The handle may become very hot and burn you.
- Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
Posted: December 2017