Health Tip: Foster Healthy Hair Habits for Kids
-- Children should be taught how to wash their hair without damaging it, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
Improper washing can damage the hair and even lead to hair loss, the academy adds.
It offers these suggestions for proper hair washing:
- Wet hair and scalp with warm water. Shampoo works best on wet hair.
- Pour a quarter-size drop of shampoo in the palm of your child's hand. Putting the shampoo in the hand first makes it easier to apply.
- Tell your child to massage the shampoo gently into the scalp.
- Cover hair with a towel.
- Comb out damp hair gently.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2019
Read this next
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 12, 2020 -- When actress Alyssa Milano was first struck by the new coronavirus back in March, her symptoms mirrored the classic signs of COVID-19: fever, headache,...
THURSDAY, Dec. 19, 2019 -- The best way to avoid baldness is to stop hair from falling out in the first place. Now, researchers say a new hair growth discovery might help men keep...
FRIDAY, Aug. 2, 2019 -- The sad sight of a receding hairline is not limited to men, a dermatologist says. Hair loss is just as common in women, and it can occur due to factors...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.