Health Tip: Fluid in the Ear
- Fluid that discharges from the ear can be harmless, as in the case of ear wax, or it could be a sign of something more serious.
Here are warning signs that ear discharge should be checked by a doctor, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- If it is white, yellow or clear.
- If it is bloody.
- If it continues for more than five days straight.
- If it is accompanied by severe pain, fever or headache.
- If it results in hearing loss.
Posted: November 2007