Health Tip: Fill Up On Low-Calorie Foods
-- It's wise to cut calories when you're trying to lose weight, but that doesn't always mean eating less.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests these low-calorie, filling foods:
- Vegetables and fruit, raw or cooked, without added fat and sugar.
- Fat-free or low-fat dairy products, including milk, cheese, yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Vegetable, broth or tomato-based soups, without added cream.
- Unbuttered and low-salt popcorn, whole wheat bread and brown rice.
- Lean cuts of beef, skinless poultry and fish.
- Peas amd beans.
Posted: September 2016
Recommended for you