Health Tip: Fighting Fatigue
-- If rather than sleeping you're working into the wee hours, you may be doing yourself more harm than good
According to the National Sleep Foundation, here's how missing sleep impacts performance:
- Lower ability to retain and recall information.
- Difficulty learning new information.
- Less creativity.
- Less ability to handle stress.
- Increased moodiness and irritability.
- Impaired reaction time, judgment, thinking and coordination.
- Poorer physical appearance.
- Increased appetite, which can lead to weight gain.
- Poorer heart health and immune system function.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2016