Health Tip: Fight Indoor Pollution at Home
-- Where better to fight indoor air pollution than at home?
The American Lung Association suggests how:
- Don't let anyone smoke in your home.
- Test your home for radon.
- Keep humidity levels under 50 percent and use a dehumidifier or air conditioner as needed. Clean this equipment regularly.
- Fix any leaks in the home that could contribute to mold growth.
- Put away food, cover trash and use bait to control pests.
- Avoid burning wood, which adds to indoor pollution.
- Don't use scented candles or fragrances to hide odors. Determine the source of an odor and clean it.
- Use less toxic cleaning, household and hobby products.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018