Health Tip: Exercise May Lower Your Risk of Cancer
The institute mentions how physical activity can lower your risk of developing cancer:
- Exercise contributes to lower levels of hormones, such as insulin and estrogen, which have been associated with cancer development and growth.
- Exercise helps prevent obesity and insulin resistance, a failure of the body's cells to respond to insulin.
- Physical activity helps reduce inflammation.
- Exercise helps improve immune system function.
- Physical activity reduces the amount of time it takes for food to travel through the digestive system, which decreases gastrointestinal tract exposure to substances that could lead to cancer.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2018