Health Tip: Taking Exercise to the Extreme
-- There's nothing wrong with practicing healthy behaviors in moderation, and exercise is no exception. But you can overdo it.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these warning signs of being a compulsive exerciser:
- Refusing to skip a workout even when tired, injured or sick.
- Exercising out of obligation, rather than enjoyment.
- Doubling the length of a workout after missing one.
- Obsessing over weight and burning calories, along with weight loss.
- Increasing exercise to make up for eating more.
- Prioritizing exercise above seeing friends and family, and participating in social activities.
- Allowing intensity and frequency of exercise to affect self-esteem.
- Being unable to find satisfaction in physical accomplishments.
Posted: October 2011
Recommended for you