Health Tip: Exercise to Counteract Stress and Anxiety
Research has shown that physically active people have lower amounts of anxiety and depression than sedentary people, the group reports.
It offers these suggestions to help get you started:
- Jog, walk, bike, or dance three to five times a week for 30 minutes a session.
- Set small daily goals and aim for daily consistency. It's better to walk every day for 30 minutes than to wait until the weekend for a three-hour marathon.
- Find exercise that you think is fun.
- Make the time pass faster with music, audiobooks or podcasts.
- Get a friend to work out with you.
- Be patient when you start a new fitness routine.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2018
Read this next
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- The loss of a sibling is all too common among young women in low- and middle-income countries, according to a new study. The researchers found that...
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- It may be no surprise that this year's presidential election is taking a toll on the mental health of Americans. In a new Harris Poll survey, conducted...
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- Active older adults -- cancer survivors included -- are in better physical and mental health than their sedentary peers, a new study finds. More regular...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.