Health Tip: Get Enough Dietary Iron
-- Iron is an essential nutrient in a healthy diet. Here are some good sources, courtesy of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Lean cuts of pork, beef, chicken, turkey and fish.
- Pinto and kidney beans, soybeans and lentils.
- Breakfast cereals fortified with iron.
- Rice enriched with iron.
- Spinach and other vegetables that are dark green and leafy.
- Iron-enriched breads that contain whole grains.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2016