Health Tip: Get Enough Calcium
-- Dairy products are a great source of calcium, vitamin D and other nutrients that help promote bone growth.
The U.S. National Institutes of Health says most people in the United States aren't getting the calcium they need for the heart, muscles, nerves and bones.
The agency suggests:
- Drink low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Have milk with other foods, such as breakfast cereal.
- Eat other dairy products, such as low-fat or fat-free cheese or yogurt.
- Use lactose-free milk products if you are lactose-intolerant.
- Choose calcium-laden foods such as fortified orange juice, spinach or broccoli.
- Talk to your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2018
Read this next
MONDAY, Oct. 19, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Persimmons are low in calories and high in fiber – a combination that makes them a good choice for weight control....
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Limiting TV ads for sugary, salty and high-fat foods and drinks might help reduce childhood obesity, British researchers suggest. They looked at...
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 30, 2020 -- Certain nutrients, foods and medicines may help protect you against colon cancer, a large research review suggests. A team of international...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.