Health Tip: Emotional Reasons for Erectile Dysfunction
- While male impotence can be caused by physical factors -- including high blood pressure, diabetes and injury -- other triggers can be emotional.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this list of possible emotional causes for erectile dysfunction:
- Feeling depressed.
- Feelings of anxiety or nervousness.
- Stress from work, family or financial problems.
- Unresolved issues between you and your sexual partner.
- Feelings of self-consciousness.
- Fear of your partner's reaction or rejection.
Posted: November 2007
Recommended for you