Health Tip: Eat Less, Enjoy More
-- A key to successful dieting is to enjoy your food more, while eating less, the U.S. Department of Agriculture says.
Your meals should include all of the food groups while limiting sugar, salt and saturated fat, the agency says.
The USDA offers these additional suggestions:
- Learn the ingredients in all foods and beverages you consume, which will help you make healthier choices.
- Eat slowly, enjoy the taste and texture of your food and pay attention to how you feel.
- Use a smaller plate.
- Chose healthier options if you eat out.
- Feed your sweet tooth with fruit, instead of choices with added sugar.
- Eat more vegetables, fruit and whole grains.
- Opt for calorie-free beverages, such as water, unsweetened tea or sparkling water, over soda and alcoholic drinks.
- Make sweets a once-in-a-while treat. It's OK to indulge occasionally, not daily.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Among Mexican Americans, too much abdominal fat predicts the beginning of a buildup of plaque in the arteries called...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Obesity is tied to premature death, but researchers have found that weight-loss surgery can add a few years to your life. In a study involving more...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Limiting TV ads for sugary, salty and high-fat foods and drinks might help reduce childhood obesity, British researchers suggest. They looked at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.