Health Tip: Easing College Application Anxiety
-- Applying to college can be a stressful experience for teens, says Hillside Treatment Center. Made worse by other sources of stress -- such as homework and extracurricular activities -- anxiety during this time is common.
To ease college application anxiety, Hillside Treatment Center encourages parents to:
- Create realistic expectations.
- Avoid comparing your child to others.
- Offer support and pay attention to their feelings.
- Ensure your child eats well and gets enough sleep.
- Focus on finding the right college, not necessarily the best college.
- Enjoy quality time with your child, away from college concerns.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2019
Read this next
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- Kids growing up in poverty show the effects of being poor as early as age 5 -- especially those who are Black, a new study suggests. The research adds to...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- Marijuana is fast becoming a favorite medication among older Americans, a new study finds. Cannabis is being used to ease problems such as pain, sleep...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- COVID-19, health care, the economy, systemic racism and the presidential election are a threat to the nation's mental health, according to an American...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.