Health Tip: Ease Your Child's Flu Symptoms
-- When a child gets the flu, it usually doesn't require professional medical treatment, but the illness can make your child very uncomfortable.
Here are suggestions on how to ease the flu's misery, courtesy of the Nemours Foundation:
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of liquids. To encourage her to drink, offer her frozen fruit drinks prepared in a blender, popsicles or ice chips. Soft fruits, like melon, also will help her replenish fluids.
- Offer her books, music or a movie to encourage her to lie still and stay in bed.
- If she complains of soreness or muscle aches, give her acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but never aspirin.
- Dress her comfortably in layers that can easily be added or removed as her condition makes her feel hot or cold.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2018
Read this next
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- It's flu season. In the middle of a coronavirus pandemic. Is this any time to be thinking about your risk of...
THURSDAY, Oct. 8, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Heart attack risk increases quickly after a flu-like illness, while stroke risk rises slower, according to new...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu shot this season, the American Medical Association (AMA) says. With the coronavirus pandemic raging, a...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.