Health Tip: Drive Safely in Fog
-- Navigating in a car or truck during foggy weather can be difficult and downright dangerous.
If you must drive during fog, the National Weather Service offers these safety suggestions:
- Drive slowly and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
- Use your car's low-beam lights to make your vehicle more visible. Use fog lights if you have them.
- Never use your car's high beams during fog. They cause glare, making it more difficult to see what's ahead.
- Leave extra distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Follow road lines with your eyes.
- When visibility is very low, pull over to a safe spot, and put on the hazard lights until the fog lifts.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2017
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 -- Off-road vehicles are meant for exactly that -- riding on rough terrain including mud, sand and uneven ground. A new study found that combining two...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.