Health Tip: Drive Safely During a Snow Storm
-- If you don't have to drive while it's snowing, don't.
But if you must be on the road, the National Weather Service suggests:
- Slow down. Roads may be slippery, even if they do not look wet.
- Clean all snow and ice off your car before starting a trip.
- Let someone know where you are going and what route you will take.
- Fully charge your cell phone before leaving home.
- Keep an emergency kitin the car.
- If you skid, ease your foot off the gas and turn your wheel in the direction you want the front of the car to go. If you have an anti-lock braking system, apply steady pressure to the brake. Never pump the brake on an ABS vehicle.
- If you are having trouble seeing, pull over until visibility improves.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2017
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 -- Off-road vehicles are meant for exactly that -- riding on rough terrain including mud, sand and uneven ground. A new study found that combining two...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.