Health Tip: Drive Safely in the Dark
-- Driving at night can be more challenging and more dangerous, especially if you have impaired vision.
The U.S. National Safety Council suggests these tips for safe driving at night:
- Make sure your headlights and taillights, windows and turn signal lights are cleaned regularly.
- Make sure your headlights are aimed correctly to avoid affecting other drivers.
- Never drive after drinking, and don't smoke while you drive.
- Turn on your headlights when daylight first starts to dwindle.
- Slow down, and leave more space between you and the cars in front of you.
- Remember to turn off the high beams when another car approaches.
- If you're feeling drowsy, take a break until you feel rested enough to continue.
Posted: July 2010