Health Tip: Don't Waste Food
-- Your mother always warned you against the evils of wasting food.
To combat the practice, the Environmental Protection Agency suggests:
- Don't buy more produce than you can use before it goes bad.
- Research the best way to store each fruit and vegetable -- whether inside or outside the refrigerator.
- Got plenty of seasonal produce? Can, freeze or preserve extras.
- Keep bananas, apples and tomatoes separate from other produce. Other produce can lead to these foods ripening too quickly.
- To avoid mold, don't rinse berries until just before you eat them.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2017