Health Tip: Don't Let Travel Inhibit Exercise
-- Traveling on vacation or for business shouldn't interfere with getting enough exercise, the U.S. National Institute on Aging advises.
Here are the agency's suggestions for staying in shape while away from home:
- Pack your workout clothing and shoes.
- If you're traveling by car, stop frequently along the way to stretch or walk around. This will help you stay more alert behind the wheel.
- If you are flying, walk around the airport as you wait for your flight.
- Include lots of physical activity while you're sightseeing. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.
- Use the exercise facilities at your hotel.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 2020 -- You might be onto something if you suspect your mental and physical health declined during the COVID-19 lockdown earlier this year. Stay-at-home orders...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- Many aspects of daily living can trigger stress. But for Black women, everyday stressors plus racial discrimination and a specific genetic mutation may...
By Michael Merschel American Heart Association News WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- You might assume that portraying video games as bad for your...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.