Health Tip: Don't Forget About Your Teeth During Vacation
-- Vacation plans should always include what to do if there's an injury to your mouth or teeth, the American Dental Association advises.
Here are the group's recommendations:
- Schedule a regular dental checkup before you head out for vacation.
- In case of emergency, keep your dentist's contact information on hand while you travel.
- Contact a U.S. embassy or local consulate if there's a dental emergency while you're overseas.
- If you forget your toothbrush, vigorous rinsing with water or brushing your teeth with toothpaste on a clean wash cloth or a finger can tide you over until you can buy one.
- Store your toothbrush in a sealable plastic bag for travel. Open the bag when you arrive.
- Brush teeth with bottled water if you aren't certain the local water is safe for drinking.
Posted: August 2016
Recommended for you