Health Tip: Don't Contaminate Contact Lenses
-- Germs on poorly handled contact lenses can lead to serious eye infections.
To avoid this problem, the American Optometric Association suggests:
- Don't wash your hands with a creamy soap, which can leave a film on lenses.
- Never create a homemade saline solution, which can damage lenses.
- Don't put lenses in your mouth to moisten them.
- Don't store or wash lenses in tap water.
- Don't let anyone else wear your lenses.
- Don't wear contact lenses to sleep if you've been in a hot tub, pool, lake or ocean.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2017