Health Tip: Does Your Child Have a Behavior Disorder?
-- Though bad behavior may be a typical phase of childhood, certain signs can indicate something more serious.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says if any of these traits continue for longer than six months, a child may have a behavior disorder:
- Indicating that the child wants to hurt himself or herself, other people or animals.
- Doing damage to property.
- Stealing things or lying frequently.
- Getting poor grades or being truant.
- Abusing drugs, alcohol or smoking.
- Starting sexual activity at a young age.
- Arguing often or throwing temper tantrums.
- Feeling hostile toward people in authority.
Posted: July 2010
Recommended for you